Stage Booking Terms and Conditions and payment terms.
- 25% of the total amount is payable as a booking fee to cover our administration costs.
- A further 25% of the total fee is due 60 days prior to your event to secure the equipment for the date required.
- The remainder of the payment is due no later than 30 days before the event.
- Viking Productions Ltd has the right to cancel the hire if payment has not been paid in full.
- The booking administration fee is non refundable. If the equipment is booked within the 14-day window, payment must be received in full.
- Ample space is required to set up the stage of a minimum 14m by 12m and suitable space for smaller stages and structures.
- We do not require power to build outside stage structures.
- Un restricted access is required for our vehicles.
- The client must carry out any groundwork preparation prior to the stage arrival.
- (Removal of any large rocks or sharp objects) The ground must also be able to take the weight of the stage and towing vehicle.
- If Viking Productions ltd cannot enter the site because the ground is unstable, 100% off the fee is still payable to Viking Productions Ltd.
- Wind Speed: The HSE have stated for health and safety that the stage cannot be used in wind speed more than 28mph. If the wind speed is likely to be greater than that 28mph on the day, Viking Productions Ltd will be unable to setup the stage. If the wind speed exceeds that of 28mph (Force 6) during the event the stage must be evacuated and closed down safely by Viking’s staff.
- We strongly recommend you acquire event insurance from insurance brokers such as (leisure insure) as all fees will still be charged in the event of cancellation or termination of the stage hire even due to inclement weather or excessive wind speed.
- Any damages caused by artists, event staff (not employed by Viking Productions Ltd) & general public must be paid for by the hirer. The hirer accepts full responsibility and liability for and damages, malicious or accidental.
- Patrons who are to intoxicated or under the influence of drugs are not permitted access the equipment at any time. Event security must be on hand to supervise persons using the stage and crowed control. We suggest hiring Mojo pit barriers or mobile barriers to keep patrons back from the stage at a distance of no less than 3m.
- For insurance purposes, the stage and any equipment supplied must be erected by us, although not exclusively, by our own staff.
- A member of staff from Viking Productions Ltd will be on hand to oversee the health and safety of the stage.
- Any verbal abuse or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated towards our staff. In the unlikely event that this should happen, the stage would be closed, packed down and free to leave site.
- Cancellation Fees:
- Your 25% administration-booking fee is non-refundable for any cancellations.
- 100% of the booking fee will be charged if cancelled within 30 days of the booking date
- If you need to change the date, and we are available, we will move your 25% administration -booking fee to your new allocated date. The remaining balance will be now payable 30 days before the new revised date of hire.
- If the equipment hire is cancelled due to Covid restrictions, we are happy to move the booking 12 months forward into the next year. Please note that we may not have your next date available so please check with us. We can only move the date forward to a like for like date. It is at the discretion of Viking Productions ltd to move your booking to another date that we have available. PLEASE NOTE: not all dates in the calendar are offered at the same fee. Dates such as Bank holidays carry a higher tariff so extra charges may apply.
Dry Hire Terms & Conditions
For the purposes of these conditions, “The Company” shall be deemed to refer to “Viking Productions Ltd” and the “Customer” to any company, partnership or individual who shall enter into any hire agreement with “Viking productions Ltd “ All Equipment hire remains the property of the Company. Hire charges are based on the period of the contract irrespective of whether or not the equipment is in use.
Hire commences upon delivery to the customer and ceases upon returned to the company until it is checked and inspected by an authorised member of the Company’s staff and formal receipt issued on behalf of the company.
Equipment hired will be entirely at the customers risk during the hire period and the customers will be responsible for any loss or damage thereto howsoever arising. The customer will be responsible for ensuring that any relevant regulations or statuary provisions governing, or relating to, the use of the hired equipment are complied with during the period of the hire and the Company in no way assumes liability for the consequences of any non – compliance with such regulations, rules or statutory provisions. Equipment will be supplied to the customer in normal working order, the company’s liability for any defect, or failure of the equipment hired is limited to the rectification of any defect or failure arising from normal usage.
The customer undertakes to ensure the company’s equipment shall not be used for any purposes beyond its capacity or any manner likely to result in undue deterioration of the equipment. The company cannot be responsible for any injuries to the personnel or damage to the property consequential to and arising from any improper use of the equipment by the customer or by any other person, whether or not authorised by the customer, during the period of hire. Where the customer has erected equipment or modified a structure supplied by the company, the company will not be responsible for injuries to personnel or damage to property consequential to, or arising from this structure.
Equipment hired must not be altered by the customer or modified in any way. In particular, cables must not be cut and plugs and sockets must not be rewired by the customer. Any equipment found to be modified in any way altered and any cables or components found to have been damaged by cutting or attempts at modification will be charged at replacement price upon return. Any damage to, or defect in any hired equipment must be notified to the company within 24 hours of its occurrence, and confirmed in writing with three days of initial notification. In the absence of such notification the customer will be charged with the cost of replacement. The customer will be responsible to advising the company as to the location of the hired equipment during the period of hire, and of any changes in such location,
No equipment hired from the company may be taken outside the mainland of Great Britain, either for any offshore island or to any foreign country without the written consent of the company. It is an express condition of the hire that the company shall not offer for the hire to any third party or parties any equipment which is the property of the company, without written consent of the company. If agreed hire charges are not paid in the due date then the company will reserve the right to repossess the hired items and will not be liable for any damage or loss which may be suffered by the customer as a consequence of such repossession.
In the event of the equipment ordered not being available through circumstances beyond the control of the company, the company reserves the right to substitute equipment of similar quality for all or part of the hire.
No information or data contained in any of the company’s catalogues or price lists shall deemed to constitute any part of a contract of hire, such information being for the purpose of general description only.
Before issuing any equipment for hire, the company require a deposit from the customer which may be the sum up to the full replacement cost of the equipment hired. Similarly the company may, as its discretion requires payment of the full hire charge in advance.